We have all seen people doing planks and from what we heard there important. It’s like flossing your teeth we know we should, but some people ask do we have to and the answer is it depends. Depends is never what anyone wants to hear so I will give you clear starting points so get ready and see where you fall into.
NO MORE IT DEPENDS FIND OUT WHERE YOU STAND WITH PLANKS
Let’s start with what is a proper plank. In a simple context, it is you creating and keeping tension in ” core” with a fixed back position. We use this to break down who should plank and who shouldn’t.
Everbody should endless pain says other rises should plank. It’s like riding a bike you are never too old or to cool to do it just some people like to ride on trails, and some like to do triathlons.
Just like riding a bike, some people start and need to stay with training wheels a little longer than others. For us when picking who’s ready for a plank-like exercise, we look at current core strength, awareness of the body, and strength in the upper body.
LET’S SEE WHERE YOU FALL, SHOULD YOU PLANK OR NOT YET?
- If you had surige or any iusses with your lower back.
- If when you preform planks you feel plan in your back.
- If you have had shoulder issuess or surgirue.
- If when you done a plank before you felt pain in your shoulder.
- If it was hard to keep your arms straight when doing the plank.
- If you felt light headed or faint doing the plank.
- If your unsure of how to breath when doing a plank.
- If you have done other core exercises for long periods without pain.
- If holding a push up position is not hard.
- If you are pain-free in that push-up position.
- If you can create tension in your ” core as you breathe and KEEP it “
Like anything in life some people consider planks a basic exercise, and as we know no ones ever to good to now practices the basics.
So if your on the no list can you plank? I wouldn’t advise it. There a progression system we use a CP to sure you are when and that we are standing right by you for when you try.
This doesn’t mean you will never plank it is just not need yet. We use plenty of other exercises to make sure you learn one thing one step at a time. We build into planks, and we customize the Everbody individual path to get there.
If your interested in finding out where you are and where you should start CLICK HERE.